Friday, September 4, 2009

What the.....

Yesterday was a busy day for bladders.
After the Wanda Jackson show, we went to pick Georgia from my mom's around 12:30am on Wednesday. She fell asleep on the car ride home and so I decided to leave her in her car seat while I slept on my own for the first time in 7 weeks! It was magical! I could toss and turn all I wanted..except that I have gotten used to sleeping on my back and that is now my most comfortable position.
So around 9:30am (she has already woken up once for a feeding around 6am) when we were waking up for the day, I felt bad that I had left her in a wet diaper all night and decided to take her diaper off and put a new one under her and let her air out. We were still in our bed at this point, when Georgia decided to stretch..and with that came a long stream of pee that shot up and got me on my hand and on the blankets before I got a chance to cover her up with the diaper. Conveniently enough, I had just bought a new blanket for the bed. That's the last time I let your lilly pad air out Georgia Mae!

After you give birth, there is much talk about bladder incontinence. I had my first scare yesterday. I know right! 7 weeks after the fact! I was sitting on the couch with baby in my arms and Ben next to me when all of a sudden I felt something warm between my legs! I was so surprised and embarrassed and just shocked! I handed the baby off to bed and said "I think I peed myself!" my shorts were wet between my legs and I just kept babbling in disbelief something along the lines of " but I...I just went..I can't...what hap...but I didn't have to....I..."
I ran to the bathroom to inspect the matter further.Upon removing my shorts I saw that the wet spots were actually just on my thighs. As soon as I saw this, Ben said that the baby was wet and that her diaper was not on properly.

PHEW!!! I had never been happier that my baby had peed on me...again.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud to this for a long, long time. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete